Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Paddle Steamer Swap Cards  (Read 3836 times)

Offline Sean Bryan

Paddle Steamer Swap Cards
« on: January 31, 2006, 10:45:46 AM »
Ok this is my very latest paddle steamer collection!

At a market I visit regularly there is a lady who sells swap cards and for the last two visits I have basically taken all her stock when it comes to paddlers!

I now have both Australian and world paddlers and now there are about 15-20 cards in my collection.

One is very interesting. I don't know if its a real boat or not but this one card features a sidewheeler called the 'Brooklyn'

It appears to be a ferry because of a gate at the front of the boat. The weird part is though it looks like the boat it cicular. The wheel housing appears to go around the boat. It has a tower in the middle which is probably where the steering wheel is and then an incredibly large funnel!

The boat has a horse and cart and passengers on board.

When I get some time I will scan in all my cards and a special up close scan of this one card which has the interesting 'Brooklyn' if you know anything about this boat please post it below.

If you also have collectable cards please post below!
Theatre Producer, World Traveler, Paddle Steamer Enthusiast

www.seanbryan.com

Offline Walter Snowdon

Paddler collecting.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 09:41:51 PM »
Good on yer! I too collect paddler memorabilia, its a great hobby. Tell me, by swap cards, do you mean those small cards you used to get in tea packets and with cigarettes and sweets, or post cards?. I have in excess of 1000 post cards of paddlers in my collection. Regards, Walter

Offline Sean Bryan

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 10:08:21 PM »
I have a few postcards- a doozy from I'd say about the 20's of the Echuca Wharf with barge. it's printed in Germany and is probably hand tinted. It cost me $15 I also bought a card from the 1950's of the Coonawarra at Echuca for $15.

No the swap cards are simply like card deck cards with those pretty pictures on the back. I asked mum to bring out her collection to see if she had any... she didn't but the lady at the market did.

On the line of cards and of the like I have 100's of tourist leaflets to do with paddlers...it's kind of corny but they're free and easy to collect and store!

Then again I really keep everything related to paddlers. Did you know Echuca's Post Stamp 9As in the ones the post office stamps on) has the Adelaide and the Echuca wharf on it...it's amazing!

www.seanbryan.com

paddlesteamerman1

WOW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 04:11:39 PM »
Sean, Where exactly is this market you speak of... and yes paddle steamer collections are great!! I agree fully with you and Walter!!

Offline Sean Bryan

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 06:14:39 PM »
It's actually called Akuna Park market...but it's not anywhere near Akuna...unless thios area is also called Akuna. I'm not sure exactly where though

www.seanbryan.com

paddlesteamerman1

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 06:53:42 PM »
I will google Akuna Park ASAP and see where it is,  coz i might just have to pop in and have a squizz...

Cheers,
James

----- Original Message -----
   To: collect@paddleducks.co.uk (collect@paddleducks.co.uk)
   Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2006 6:14    PM
   Subject: RE: Paddle Steamer Swap    Cards

It's actually called Akuna Park market...but it's not    anywhere near Akuna...unless thios area is also called Akuna. I'm not sure    exactly where though

APAM- Australian Paddler Appreciaiton Month
Show your support for    Aussie Paddlers this month on www.paddleducks.co.uk

-------------------- m2f    --------------------

Exported by Paddleducks Mail System.

http://www.paddleducks.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9019#9019

--------------------    m2f --------------------