Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Maplins Smoke Fluid  (Read 4272 times)

cowana

Maplins Smoke Fluid
« on: July 12, 2006, 01:42:37 AM »
On another forum, I saw someone said they ran their smoke machine on thier boat with maplins smoke fluid which is only £4.99 a litre.

Does anyone know of a smoke generator that can use this, as it is cheap?

I want quiet a lot of smoke, but price is more important that quantity.

Andrew

ajg141

Maplins Smoke Fluid
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 02:37:47 AM »
I've used Maplins smoke fluid for a couple of years in my Southern Belle. It 'pops' a bit compared with the bespoke stuff - but I can put up with that bearing in mind the price! I use Graupner smoke generators - although I'm not sure whether these are still available or not. Mine came from Scoonies.

Andrew

cowana

Maplins Smoke Fluid
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 02:41:34 AM »
Thanks Andrew.

I am planning to get a graupner smoke machine from a cheap place called howes models.

By the way, have you noticed that loads of people on radio controlled forums are called Andrew?

Andrew

ajg141

Maplins Smoke Fluid
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 06:59:16 AM »
We all have to stick together!

cowana

Maplins Smoke Fluid
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 07:01:31 AM »
Not the dreaded epoxy!

Offline Peter Webster

Maplins Smoke Fluid
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 04:40:23 PM »
Andrew,
            The smoke generator I am currently using is the Super Smoke Generator from Action Electronics and I will keep using them as they prodece quite a visible amount of smoke. The fluid I am using is the generic brands of baby oil available from your friendly supermarket, be prepared for some funny looks when you buy 6 bottles at a time. Contrary to popular belief it appears that it does not damage the smoke units. To see the effect look up the video of my Capt. Sturt sternwheeler in the chat and off topic area entitled "How sweet it is".