Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: oil drums  (Read 2014 times)

Khephre

oil drums
« on: June 11, 2006, 07:49:27 PM »
Picked up the modelling tools for the first time in a few weeks this weekend and had a bit of fun creating some clutter for Reliant's decks.

Drums and hand pump come from Tamiya kits, the hose is a bit of hook up wire from the electrics drawer, and the can on the ground came from a bit of brass shim rolled around a paintbrush handle.

Weathered with a few washes of rust, grimy thinners, touch of dry-brushing...then for the labels on the drums. I cut them from cigarette papers, and added them once most of the weathering was completed - of course labels don't rust like the drums.

Another wash or two of grimy thinners and a spray with matt clear to fix everything.

These are about 20mm high.

Offline mjt60a

oil drums
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 04:34:26 AM »
Those look perfect. As it happens, I picked up a couple of 'pallets' of oil drums from the local charity shop for 50p, they come from a 1/32 scale toy construction site playset (saw these when I was working at toys-r-us), they don't look bad as they are but would benefit from some weathering....
Posted by Mick.
(.....gonna need a bigger boat.....)