Forum > Paddleducks Website/Forum

Photo uploads

(1/4) > >>

Eddy Matthews:
I've spent most of the day resizing some of the larger photos that have been uploaded to the forum and have managed to save over 60Mb of space without deleting a single photo or making them too small to be useful....

Sadly we don't have unlimited webspace, so we have to do these tidy-ups from time to time.

I don't wish to impose limits on photo sizes, as we all know that from time to time it can be useful to post a larger image, but I'd appreciate it if you could all consider the amount of space these images consume and reduce any images to a size that is suitable - it's rarely necessary to have an image of more than 150Kb if it's only going to be viewed on a computer monitor. The exception generally comes if it's necessary to print out an image, such as scanned magazine articles etc.

Stu Kerrn Sr:
Eddy
   How do you change your photo size? Let everyone learn a little about photo size and also let them know that once you're changing a photo size let them know how to improve photo quality. What is a sticky post? Your thoughts are excellent,  you get down to basics

Eddy Matthews:

--- Quote from: "Stu Kerrn Sr" ---Eddy
   How do you change your photo size? Let everyone learn a little about photo size and also let them know that once you're changing a photo size let them know how to improve photo quality. What is a sticky post? Your thoughts are excellent,  you get down to basics
--- End quote ---

To resize and compress images you need some sort of image manipulating software Stu - There are hundreds of different programs available that will do it from the very simple, to full blown image suites that cost thousands of dollars!

If your using Windows XP there is a free program that does what's needed, you can get it from Microsoft at: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Free software is available for most operating systems, so it's rarely (if ever) necessary to spend money - That's my kind of software :-)

Finally, a "Sticky" message is just that..... As new messages are posted, normal posts will be moved down so that the new ones always appear at the top of the screen - A "Sticky" message will always remain at the top of the listing, no matter how many messages are posted.

towboatjoe:
For anyone who doesn't have any photo editing software and wants their photo resized just email it to me and I'll edit the photo and email it back.

Stu Kerrn Sr:

--- Quote from: "towboatjoe" ---For anyone who doesn't have any photo editing software and wants their photo resized just email it to me and I'll edit the photo and email it back.
--- End quote ---

Joe this is a very nice offer, I have one I use, but for those that don't your offer is great

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version