Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Forum Services  (Read 2481 times)

Khephre

Forum Services
« on: January 13, 2005, 07:34:04 AM »
Greetings PDers,

a brief question regarding postings to the forum.

Under present Yahoo Groups we receive periodic digests of the postings to the group e.g. individual, daily, summary, etc.

Does this new forum send out similar digests?

Or do we need to develop the habit of logging on each day/week to check for updates ourselves?

Many tks
Tony
Akl, NZ

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Forum Services
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 08:39:15 AM »
Hi Tony,

At the moment that facility isn't available - I'm looking into it, but it may take a while to get it sorted. If I do manage it I'll post a message here to let everyone know...

Regards
Eddy
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Khephre

Forum Services
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 09:01:57 AM »
Eddy,

I just received a Topic Reply Notification to your post so while the digest facility may not be available at least there is an automatic notice for replies to postings, which is a darned good start.

On a related matter, I have often browsed the PD posting archives for ideas on paddleboat construction and have found the collected wisdom of the various members to be invaluable.

Is there any way that we can migrate that old info to the new site or do we need to rebuild our knowledge base from scratch? Perhaps not such an issue for the 'older hands' but the old postings are rife with gold nuggets for the newer converts to paddle power.

Cheers for now
Tony

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Forum Services
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 09:09:35 AM »
Hi Tony,

Yes you'll get email notifications of replies to any topics you have started or replied to - You can turn that feature off when you post a message if you wish.

I'm afraid there's no easy way for us to migrate the old Yahoo forum messages into the new setup, so it's start from scratch unfortunately. Hopefully things should build up fairly quickly. That's one of the main reasons for leaving the old Yahoo forum online for the next few months - Hopefully by the time Paul pulls the plug on it we should have a good selection of messages on here which can be searched easily.

Regards
Eddy
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~