Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Back from a long voyage  (Read 2577 times)

Khephre

Back from a long voyage
« on: April 12, 2006, 11:55:54 AM »
Kinda felt that I needed to reintroduce myself after such a long time away from the forum!!!

I feel as though I've spent the last three months in limbo - have spent the last three months flying from one meeting to the next - mainly local trips but have also done a couple into Northern China and Australia - so have had no time to think about paddleboats let alone work on any!!!

Plan to reintroduce myself to my wife as well at some stage soon!!!!! :twisted:  :wink:

Still - better than one of my travelling work-mates - his wife said to him on New Years Eve "Boon, you were home 58 days last year!"

I see plenty of activity has occurred on the site since last year and plan to comb my way through over the next few days, now that my feet are back on the ground (at least temporarily).

Hope all of you are well.

best regards
Tony
NZ

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Back from a long voyage
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 04:45:34 PM »
Good to have you back Tony, funnily enough I was just wondering where you were the other day!
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Offline derekwarner_decoy

• Paddleducks Supporter
  • Wollongong - Australia
Back from a long voyage
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 08:22:16 PM »
Hey - as Eddy says 'welcome back Tony'......I knew that we had not lost you from our PD's........ - I will post a note off line to you.. regards Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Khephre

Back from a long voyage
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 09:15:13 AM »
Eddy was wondering where was I? Depends which day you were wondering!!! And hello again Derek.

Tks both of you for the warm welcome back.
T

Offline derekwarner_decoy

• Paddleducks Supporter
  • Wollongong - Australia
Back from a long voyage
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 10:43:10 AM »
Come on Tony - cut the codswollop - this is me you are talking to now  :twisted: - like when all men are away from their loved ones we can always resort to.... :music .. well a few  :beer ....I mean

Dosn't matter what part of the world you are in, just log on to your :computer 'lap top version' & read all the :news   on PD's - like didn't you get withdrawal symptoms :?: - you just need to get your priorities  in order - Derek from across that ditch......

Oh BTW..... you told your good wife that you were working 24/7, so how did someone manage to take this picture of you on the river edge in SHANGHI  :vacat  :?:  :?:  :?:
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Khephre

Back from a long voyage
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 08:50:33 AM »
Very true Derek!

Got driven through Shanghai at high speed by a mad taxi-driver. One hand on the wheel, talking on his cell phone, changing gears, chopping and changing lanes, reaching across me to wipe the passenger's side window so that he could see on that side ... while alongside us everyone else's driving the same ... did I mention the sleet? The temperature was around zero ... :hmmm