Forum > Other Websites

ps alexander hamilton

(1/1)

Waverley:
Including links must be really easy - so easy that the site FAQ doesn't tell me how to do it & I haven't worked it out for myself (somebody please tell me)

Anyway I found this site recently:
 steamship historical society of america

which I get to with a google search.

On the home page is an advertisement for their video of ps Alexander Hamilton, the last Hudson River paddler (withdrawn 1971) and you can view an excerpt which lasts a minute or so. If you can ignore the horribly sentimental interviews and commentary (I certainly won't buy the video) one section shows a deck scene where a part of the engine (of the "walking beam" type, I assume) is clearly visiible.

On the subject of videos, if you haven't sen it, this next one is a must.

On the unofficial Waverley site there is a long (nearly 5 minutes) video of Waverley running for shelter into St Ives in a howling gale and heavy seas. I'm not sure a model could cope with such conditions!

Regards

David  ex Clyde

Edited to include this

http://www.sshsa.net/

Eddy Matthews:

--- Quote from: "Waverley" ---Including links must be really easy - so easy that the site FAQ doesn't tell me how to do it & I haven't worked it out for myself (somebody please tell me)

Regards

David  ex Clyde
--- End quote ---

It is easy David - Just type in the site address (URL) into the message that your entering. The forum will automatically display it so that  users can click on the link and go straight to the website...

Regards

Waverley:
Thanks Eddy - it was much too obvious.

This link should take you to the Waverley movie - I've just watched it for the umpteenth time:

http://www.btinternet.com/~Paddlers/PSWaverley/movies/index.htm

Enjoy

David

Eddy Matthews:

--- Quote from: "Waverley" ---Thanks Eddy - it was much too obvious.

David
--- End quote ---

Sometimes the most obvious things are the hardest to spot! :-) Don't worry David, it's happened to us all mate!

I've seen that Waverley video many times - All I can say is thank god I wasn't on it in that sort of weather!!

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version