Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Live steam / Malcolm Beak's Reversing Gearbox
« Last post by Bpue on September 23, 2021, 05:31:28 AM »
Source of gears  for gearbox ?, anyone  used Chinese ones from  Ebay
190912Th-'BrisbaneTimes'-SWPV-KookaburraQueenII
Preserved Paddle Ships / Re: PS Emmylou cruise [Australia]
« Last post by Roderick Smith on September 07, 2021, 04:07:49 PM »

210116Sa-Melbourne'Age'-Emmylou-Hero-ss-forpd.jpg

210514F-Fairfax-Traveller-unusual.travel-d-paddlesteamer-Emmylou-forpd.jpg

210522Sa-NewsCorp-Escape-Echuca-paddlesteamers-b-s-forPD.jpg Emmylou & Canberra

Preserved Paddle Ships / Re: SWPV Murray Princess (Murray River, Australia)
« Last post by Roderick Smith on September 07, 2021, 04:02:33 PM »

200506W-'SMH'-LakeMannum-MurrayPrincess

Kits & Hulls / Help Please "Graupner Glasgow"
« Last post by puffin on September 05, 2021, 04:40:12 PM »
Hi All
Just acquired a "Glasgow" without power plant, can anyone please advise on a good electric motor for the power source ?.
Thank You
Mike 
Paddlewheels/Drive Systems / Re: Paddlewheel design specs questions
« Last post by william stafford on August 28, 2021, 10:10:37 PM »
i normal attach a large slice of nylon disc to paddle wheel frame/spokes, centre om lathe and just use s steel self tappers for this.
i then tap one hole in each slice w 4 mm thread, fit s s cap screws, and screw down onto paddle shaft
my paddler has used this for over 20 yrs on water, no slip, the cap head screws allow ball drivers to be used to attach, just dont strong arm cap screws
Paddlewheels/Drive Systems / Re: motor size suggestions needed
« Last post by william stafford on August 28, 2021, 09:51:58 PM »
i normally buy a 540\545 motor w 1000 rpm out put, and fit a HTD tooth belt at 3:1 reduction up to a adelaide or pevensey paddle wheel at 1\24 scale, gives me approx 300/350rpm at paddle shaft on a side wheeler, i then control
the speed via speed control rc
this gives a reserve of power if the wind comes up
you could make your own w tooth belts,MXL for transmission,3 sets of 3:1 reduction and 540/545 motor, i normally use independant controls, so as i can spin model in its own w
length
aliexpress etc can supply 1000 rpm motor and gbox
Construction / Re: Strongbow type tug
« Last post by Paddlemex on August 28, 2021, 11:32:51 AM »
Thank you Thomas.

I didn't mention that I also changed the cabin lighting to smaller LEDs. Looks much better now.
Normally we have a late meet in the dark at the pond the first  sunday after changing to winter time. Since the ship stays in good hands I will still see her and make a video at the night sailing.

Jurgen
« Last post by Hankwilliams on August 26, 2021, 07:27:23 PM »
Very precise, Jürgen. It looks like not as a model, but a real ship.

Thomas
« Last post by Paddlemex on August 24, 2021, 03:36:25 AM »
Hello,

It's been some time, but I'm still here.
After some quite frustrating atempts to make photo eched parts for the machine telegraph bracket I decided to leave it and do someting else. Like building a plane and repairing others.

In the meantime a fellow modeler made me an offer I couldn't refuse for the model. So it's not mine anymore, but she still sat on my slipway and required to be finished.
So I went back and cut the bracket on my mill. That went surprisingly well, I didn't think that 0.1mm brass would cut cleanly without crinkeling.
The first lever was glued to the bracket but that didn't hold well so I changed to a small solder point. That holds . :azn:

I also added some interior to the wheelhouse. I don't know what the red lamp on the table is for, but saw something similar on a picture in the internet and thought it looked good. Maybe it's for some emergency use.
Also added flags.

So now I declare the model to be finished.

Jurgen

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10