Forum > Paddleducks Website/Forum

Page too wide

(1/2) > >>

AlistairD:
Is there any way I can adjist my settings so that I can see all the page on my screen and not have to scroll across to the right to read the end of each line?
Or can you adjust the settings at your end?

towboatjoe:
I have the same problem. What it is, is the web page is set for 1024 x 768 screen setting and our computers are set at 800 x 600. You can adjust your display setting for 1024 x 768 and you will get the web site at full view then.

Eddy Matthews:

--- Quote from: "AlistairD" ---Is there any way I can adjist my settings so that I can see all the page on my screen and not have to scroll across to the right to read the end of each line?
Or can you adjust the settings at your end?
--- End quote ---

What page are you having problems with Alistair? Do you mean the forum itself, or one of the other pages?

Some of the forum problems are caused by photos that are too wide, so they extend the message window which then causes the scrolling you refer to..... Apparently there's a modification I can do to the forum to help prevent that if needed?

Regards
Eddy

mjt60a:
I found the same thing and changing your screen resolution to 1024x768 fixes it. On your desktop, right click anywhere except on an icon and you get a menu, left click on 'properties' and you get a panel - display properties. look at the tabs across the top and the last one should be 'settings', click it and you get (on mine anyhow) a slider control called 'screen resolution'. See what it says underneath (mine is 800x600) and, if you can, move it further right so the figures under it change to 1024x768, then click on 'apply' to preview it or OK to select it. Then the page should fit your screen (but on mine, the text and pictures are smaller than I like so I leave it where it is. It was OK on higher resolution with my TFT screen but that's gone faulty so I'm using the smaller CRT screen from my old computer!)

Eddy Matthews:
Okay guys, I found the main problem that was causing the screen to be too wide in 800*600 resolution - Hopefully things should be better for you guys now?

Please let me know, but it looks fine if I reduce my res and test it here...

Regards
Eddy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version