Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: HMCS Bluenose  (Read 778 times)

Offline spherepet

HMCS Bluenose
« on: February 07, 2016, 12:53:19 PM »
A few years ago, I was presented with a Christmas present of a large scale model of the HMCS Bluenose.  I spent Christmas 2007 putting that beautiful model together.  I have an idea that the model was manufactured in China as the rigging is not entirely accurate.  I know this by seeing and being onboard the real HMCS Bluenose when it toured the Great Lakes in Canada.  Otherwise, I certainly have no complaints about displaying the four foot tall model. 

My experience at modelling started in 2005 when I moved to Ottawa, Ontario.   So, there isn't much to say about building the sailing ship.  There was a page of instructions for the rigging and sails.  I didn't add anything to the model as the hull and deck were factory finished.  I had to upend my keyboard to make room on my desk for a work space.  It was exciting to work with the model so I took a bunch of pictures portraying various stages.  The pictures were digitized and saved on the Internet.

Offline steamboatmodel

Re: HMCS Bluenose
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 05:25:23 AM »
Just a small correction, the Bluenose was a fishing boat and not part of the Navy. The designation HMCS, does not apply to her.
 Regards,
Gerald.
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long

Offline spherepet

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 11:53:22 AM »
Dear Gerald,
  Thanks for the info about the HMCS title.  I wasn't sure how Bluenose was designated.  I looked up Bluenose on the Internet and had a lesson in history of Bluenose.  Still, I have no idea of the ship's designation.  I will see what I can do about removing the HMCS.   

Take care for  now,
Cathy

Offline steamboatmodel

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 11:59:14 AM »
Hi Cathy,
As far as I know Bluenose was just referred to as a fishing boat, and spent most of her time as a working boat.
Gerald.
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long