Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Another PS Adelaide build  (Read 4841 times)

Offline Delaunay

Re: Another PS Adelaide build
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2018, 07:58:18 PM »
 :D Hello;
Beautiful building
Bravos  :clap

Offline DamienG

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2018, 08:35:31 PM »
 :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Offline Mike

• Silver Subscriber
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2018, 04:24:02 AM »

This is a Fabulous build. Well done. :terrific :great

Mike.

Offline vk2dj

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2018, 04:47:26 PM »
Thanks for the positive comments started on the wheel house today early stages a lot of detail not sure how to go about the roof as the tow pole stays go through the roof as I want to be able to remove the super structure I will have to  devise a way of disconnecting the stays Easley

Offline ozpirate

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2018, 07:16:40 PM »
Nice work Mate. I'm building my first paddle boat and it's a stern wheeler. not based on any ship, just built for fun. I like to wood work skills.
Myself I'm going fiberglass since I want this to be able to last a long time in the water. I have seen so many models ruined by water seeping in the wood.
Since this is my first paddle boat and I work at the local mens shed, I plan to build a few different ships on the one type of hull. When I get a but of work done I make my own post.

B.T.W. where did you get your plans?

Keep up the great work.

Mick
Tumut

Offline vk2dj

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2018, 08:00:28 PM »
G’day Mick the plans are from Float A Boat in Melbourne just Google them the Adelaide I am building has been scaled up to 1 - 20 scale to try & fit a twin cylinder steam engine that I have butt when I built the Hull I realised it was to big so I am fitting 2 electric motors with an o/p of 200rpm then geared down to 150rpm driven with a Sabertooth dual o/p speed controller which accepts the PWM signal from the rc. control
As far as fiberglassing the hull it will make it more durable I just coated the hull with 2 coats of Z epoxy finishing product thinned the first coat down to penetrate & seal the wood I have done this before with execelent results
Post some pic of your build will be interested in seeing them
Gary