Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Construction / Re: Totnes Castle
« Last post by R.G.Y. on Today at 07:40:03 PM »
Keyed one web & gear to the shaft. Thought I would drill into the joint but the drill kept drifting off the chrome. So drilled as close as I could each side. Then diamond file to make it into a slot. cut a wedge & hammered it in. Probably fix other side with epoxy on final assemble.
Research / Re: Congo paddlesteamers
« Last post by Hankwilliams on July 12, 2018, 10:35:00 PM »
Hi Derek,

yes, the Regner factory has been purchased last year to Mischa Lechner, a former-co worker. The programm has be reduced, because the factory must be reorganized.
I hope, the future of Regner will be secured.
The "Doctor Brodin" steamer would be a fantastic and not very expending live steam model. I `m considering, what model in german winter could be built. This boat would have the Joseph Conrad Heart of darkness feeling - but I`ve already two tropic paddlers, "Zimbabwe" ex "Zulu" and "Ville de Bruges".

Thomas
Chat & Off Topic Stuff / Re: Clean humour.
« Last post by DamienG on July 12, 2018, 09:32:36 PM »
When the examination was complete, he said, "Now, Doc, I can take it. Tell me in plain English what's wrong with me." "Well, in plain English," the doctor replied, "You're just a plain old lazy fart." "Thank You." said the man. "Now give me the medical term, so I can tell my wife!"

A Polar bear walks into a bar and says to the bartender, "I'll have a gin............................... and tonic." The bartender asks, "What's with the big pause?" The bear says, "I dunno, I've always had them."
« Last post by DamienG on July 12, 2018, 09:29:36 PM »
A trucker came into a Truck Stop Café and placed his order. He said I want three flat tires, a pair of headlights and a pair of running boards. The brand new blonde waitress, not wanting to appear stupid, went to the kitchen and said to the cook, This guy out there just ordered three flat tires, a pair of headlights and a pair of running boards. What does he think this place is, an auto parts store? No,' the cook said. 'Three flat tires... Mean three pancakes; a pair of headlights.. Is two eggs sunny side up; and a pair of running boards... Are 2 slices of crisp bacon! Oh.. OK!' said the blonde. She thought about it for a moment and then spooned up a bowl of beans and gave it to the customer. The trucker asked, 'What are the beans for, Blondie?' She replied, I thought while you were waiting for the flat tires, headlights and running boards, you might as well gas up!
« Last post by DamienG on July 12, 2018, 09:23:31 PM »

A workman was killed at a construction site. The police began questioning a number of the other workers. Based with past brushes with the law, many of these workers were considered prime suspects. They were a motley crew: The electrician was suspected of wiretapping once but was never charged. The carpenter thought he was a stud. He tried to frame another man one time. The glazier went to great panes to conceal his past. He still claims that he didn't do anything; that he was framed. The painter had a brush with the law several years ago. The heating, ventilation and air conditioning contractor was known to pack heat. He was arrested once but duct the charges. The mason was suspect because he gets stoned regularly. The cabinet maker is an accomplished counter fitter. The autopsy led the police to arrest the carpenter, who subsequently confessed. The evidence against him was irrefutable, because it was found that the workman, when he died, was hammered.
Construction / Re: Josie Olsen
« Last post by DamienG on July 12, 2018, 05:05:43 PM »
I've been pondering how to stop water ingress at the slot the paddle shaft sits in the deck covers most of it on the inside with still enough room for considerable water ingress.

Decided on 2mm pvc and asked missus very nicely if she had any thin felt in her craft stuff I scored some 1mm white felt made her a :coffee
The plan is to saturate the felt with oil or melted grease. Ideas welcome.

Sitting in position when assembled and bolted in position I'll fit a collar or perhaps a spring between the wheels to the paddle shaft to hold the cover in place.

The decal for Josie's  name decal on one side had a fault so I applied a wet rag and soaked it off and made another today all being well I'll apply it tomorrow as well.
Chat & Off Topic Stuff / Re: Lack of motivation.
« Last post by Delaunay on July 12, 2018, 03:50:04 PM »
 :) Hello !
To warm up a little.
In the northern hemisphere I have this morning at 7:50,
temperatures 16 °,
wind speed 12 km / h,
humidity 29%,
and the birds are good.
Research / Re: Congo paddlesteamers
« Last post by derekwarner_decoy on July 12, 2018, 12:09:32 PM »
Morning Thomas........the apple of my eye  :kiss1 would be the Docleur Brodin

So simple, but in 1:12 or 1:16 scale would be able to show do much rustic detail....could it be a single cylinder drive??.....starting & reversing could be an issue on a model

There appears to be 3 vertical shafts  with arms for the Monkey Rudders.......these arms appear to be connected by rope with the Port side arm rope taken back buy a pulley block the pair of ropes taken Fwd on the Stbd side to the helm for steerage ..... 

However it certainly would also appear to be suitable for a pair of 12 x 36 Regner cylinders fitted directly with long arms to the wheel eccentrics

An open cabin to house & show the complete steam plant :trophy

I remember recently reading a note on a French WEB site that the Regner Company had been purchased.....not by the Regner family members, but an independent or outside group??

Are the Regner 12 x 36 Regner engines still available?...........

Derek 
Yes, I agree.  :D
10% is way better the the original suggestion of $10 tax for anything bought costing upto $1000 I've noticed a lot of chinese and hong kong ebay sellers now having supposed warehouses in Aust, but goods arrive from offshore.
And paypal are withdrawing the tax separately from the purchase price from my bank.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10