Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Live steam / Re: Blockade runner PS "Hope", major refit
« Last post by Hankwilliams on October 20, 2018, 03:32:16 AM »
Autumn pictures with "Hope" my wife made today. Last picture shows the young Danube near Ehingen without ship.
Construction / Re: Four wheel paddlesteamer "Tachtalia"
« Last post by DamienG on October 19, 2018, 07:04:18 PM »
 :clap :great :clap
Construction / Re: Four wheel paddlesteamer "Tachtalia"
« Last post by Hankwilliams on October 18, 2018, 11:23:27 PM »
In this wonderful autumn days I made a trip with my four wheel Danube paddler "Tachtalia". Even I will write an article for a German model magazine.
The strange point: The lake is a former flintmine just a few meters beside the upper Danube - only seperated through a small road between the river and the flintmine. I hope, will enjoy the pictures.
« Last post by Hankwilliams on October 16, 2018, 09:45:24 PM »
Yes, it`s the right link, Derek. Yesterday I enlarged the plan of PS "Presto"/"Dare" to 1 : 46, she is nearly a smaller construction of "Hope". May be in the next days I can post some pictures running on water of her.
Thomas
« Last post by derekwarner_decoy on October 16, 2018, 02:28:19 PM »
Thomas......is this the video link for the PS Presto that you mention?.......I cannot place it as being posted on PD's in the past........

Derek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XXI0hqwP84
« Last post by DamienG on October 16, 2018, 10:39:11 AM »
 :clap :clap :clap :clap
« Last post by Hankwilliams on October 14, 2018, 07:31:54 PM »
Just watch first rate video from our member Don about his very exactly built blockade runner "Presto". Really very good film: Paddle Steamer Presto, Civil War Blockade Runner on youtube.
« Last post by DamienG on October 12, 2018, 11:14:59 AM »
 :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
« Last post by Hankwilliams on October 12, 2018, 10:05:01 AM »
Derek, many interesting questions: The underwater form of the hull is rather sharp and like the original these ships were built for speed. Some blockade runners reached 20 nautical miles in good conditions (sail and steam). Even the model... there is much more speed compared for example with the PS "China" with her wide, box like underwater shaping. I dont know the number of revolutions of the paddleshaft when she is in water, but one time we measured the speed with hight steam pressure between 3 - 4 bar at the shore. She reached nearly 2 meter per second, but pressure goes down after a some minutes.
There wasn`t a kit of "Hope", I made the carvings of brass with fretsaw after plan. I hope(!), next week I will be able to made a trip with the model and show some pictures, autumn climate in Germany until yet is warm and sunny. There was very less rain since months. "Hope" from beginning on was one of my non problematic models - good nautic stability, no toplast and fast speed. "Mt. Washington" is susceptible for wind. The "Courier", last built model, has a tendency of list because of her narrowness. From my modest experience the paddlesteamer modelling and driving with steam or electric is much more difficult than driving any screw propulsed model - but this is the challenge. When the model shows a good presentation, the joy even is great!
« Last post by derekwarner_decoy on October 12, 2018, 09:15:15 AM »
Thomas....I like the Hopes new Wheel Box radial gold tapered side slat sections  :bravo

From image IMG_0285, the unloaded wheel speed appears rather high......is she a fast mover in the water?

The gold painted style filigree ships carvings at the stern, were they from the original kit [24 years ago] & are they brass?

Derek

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10