Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Construction / Re: Josie Olsen
« Last post by DamienG on January 22, 2018, 07:27:11 PM »
I discovered a grey primer break through line approx 60mm long about 1.5mm in height 2 to 3mm above portside stern deck I bought some 4mm pinstripe tape to solve the problem around the outside of the entire stern deck level cabin.

Finally took a pic of the windows awaiting installation.

Construction / Re: Ideas for future builds
« Last post by DamienG on January 22, 2018, 11:56:28 AM »
The plans I've bought all have the designers name on them.
I have tried to buy plans from MB plans service and were expensive and postage was twice the price of the plan.
I have built many boats from MB magazine free plans over the years.
I even built a  3 metre powered glider from a half page photo & plan from a march 1963 Aeromodeller when I eventually sold it a wine grower who'd never flown a model bought it to scare birds off his crop.
I doubt it lasted long. 
« Last post by steamboatmodel on January 22, 2018, 03:14:30 AM »
If that's the case I can't understand why Model Boats haven't sued them? I've bought many plans from them over the years.
Probably for the same reason that others have not sued John Tom, it would cost too much and they would receive next to nothing. I have heard that the couple that do them receive a letter from one of the publishers about every six months which they ignore. They used to reply requesting proof of copyright, which most publishers never acquire.
Gerald. 
« Last post by DamienG on January 21, 2018, 10:31:51 PM »
That's where I got my Josie plan.  :great :great
« Last post by Spankbucket on January 21, 2018, 07:59:54 PM »
...and they have good old Josie...I forgot to mention...!
« Last post by Spankbucket on January 21, 2018, 07:58:43 PM »
Thanks for the Ebay link....that plan is relisted and I was very tempted!

Their other items include a few paddlers and among other stuff there is a plan and photos of 'Bleasdale', a Scarborough paddler I haven't come across before.

Because of the postage one needs to buy a handful of plans but I am tempted on a few I must say...there is a Clyde Puffer in there too.

Many of them state they are 'Model Boat Plans' so they are quite open on the source.......in any event, as long as they're available I'm happy!
« Last post by DamienG on January 21, 2018, 01:28:20 PM »
If that's the case I can't understand why Model Boats haven't sued them? I've bought many plans from them over the years.
« Last post by steamboatmodel on January 21, 2018, 03:00:06 AM »
Almost all the plans they sell on that site are pirated from Model Boats Magazine.
Gerald,
Paddlewheels/Drive Systems / Re: Paddlewheel Kits
« Last post by xtramaths on January 21, 2018, 12:44:21 AM »
Brilliant little site, thanks for the info. This site also has Cessna Bird Dog plans, electric powered, another of the family interests. Well worth a visit.
« Last post by DamienG on January 20, 2018, 09:15:19 PM »
Doesn't say scale comes on CD in in two sizes 19 inch and 38 inch.

Bought on ebay from Canada bought from them before and plans are well detailed.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Model-Boat-Plans-RADIO-CONTROL-STEAM-PACKET-MODEL-BOAT-PLANS-NOTE/292396120996?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

$7-57Au
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10