Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: Hi from North Wales UK  (Read 526 times)

Offline xtramaths

• Bronze Subscriber
Hi from North Wales UK
« on: January 07, 2018, 11:20:30 PM »
I am Colin, from a very bright and cold North Wales. I have been modelling since the age of 10, and trailed chaos through aeromodelling, model engineering, dioramas, and marblehead yachts. Following a forced retirement during 2017, and a copy of Model Marine steam at Christmas, I started trawling the web for details on Macolm Beaks twin cyl D/A engine, as I considered a return to model engineering my favourite option.
Since then, a hip operation was cancelled, and the temperature has plummeted, but after downloading plans for 'Strongbow' and finding your extensive, and friendly site, I have been converted. Now looking forward to reading up material I had forgotten while work was getting in the way, and when I get the download section to work for me, will make a donation to a deserving site.
Thank you for the inspiration!  :)

Offline Markds

• Mark.schmidt21@yahoo.com
Re: Hi from North Wales UK
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 04:10:47 PM »
Welcome Colin!

The people here are the best of the best and, all told the wide array of experience of every possible subject can be found among our members. You will burn plenty of midnight oil reading articles, calculations, links etc.. Enjoy!
Mark Schmidt :-)

Offline xtramaths

• Bronze Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 03:41:05 AM »
Thanks, Mark, sorry for the belated reply, but I have been in hospital having a bright shiny new hip fitted. Now a little frustrated at the restricted sitting times allowed by the exercise regime, but looking forward to better times.
I agree this is a goldmine of a place, with some very talented, friendly people.
And Spring is on the way! :)

Offline R.G.Y.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 12:12:26 AM »
Best with the hip Colin. I like you, have been through different kinds of modelling. Pic of my traction engine, building in between boats. One of my models is in North Wales, at the Cottage Loaf Inn, Llandudno.   
G.Y.