Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Paddlewheels/Drive Systems / Re: Graupner Wheels instructions
« Last post by kiwimodeller on August 17, 2018, 06:11:59 PM »
I have today been given a copy of the Oct 2007 Model Boats mag in which there is an article about building the Albion and Glen Rosa on a fiberglass hull. The author describes the difficulty he had in getting hold of the Graupner instructions but says he managed to get a model shop owner to open a Glasgow kit. He also gives some useful tips on building the wheels and positioning the shaft. I am sure I can make up the wheels successfully but it would still be nice to have the original instructions if anybody does have the Glasgow information. Cheers, Ian.
Paddlewheels/Drive Systems / Floataboat paddle kit with dual drive test run
« Last post by Nemo on August 17, 2018, 04:18:54 PM »
Here's a short video clip of a basic test run of  the replacement  $28 12v dual drive gearbox coupled up to a pair of Floataboat Paddles. It's just a quick setup, so a squeak or two.

The rc tank gearboxes are not recommended, compared to this  quiet and stable unit they sounded like chaff-cutters ! 

Check out the quick video clip. On 12 volts the paddles look like turbofans in a video even though just 150 rpm..

https://youtu.be/QtFFLHmcrpo

That's it on this Alexander Arbuthnot  build until I clear up a couple of other, so far lengthy,  projects.
« Last post by kiwimodeller on August 17, 2018, 09:00:23 AM »
Thanks for that Barry, it is a help but I have spoken to someone who says he has seen a set of assembly instructions but he sold the boat and does not know how to contact the buyer. We presume the wheel instructions came with the boat kit. Cheers, Ian.
« Last post by derekwarner_decoy on August 16, 2018, 10:28:04 PM »
You hit the nail on the head Barry :kewlpics ....that I believe is the only manufacturers document [instructions] & multi lingual supplied......... Derek
« Last post by Barry on August 16, 2018, 10:20:36 PM »
Only thing I could find online about them.
Paddlewheels/Drive Systems / Graupner Wheels instructions
« Last post by kiwimodeller on August 15, 2018, 11:22:05 AM »
Hi, I am hoping that a member might have a set of the instructions for assembling the wheels which they could copy and email or post to me. Apparently when you buy the wheels separately you don't get instructions, they only come as part of the instructions for building the Glasgow. Any help appreciated.
Chat & Off Topic Stuff / Re: Lack of motivation.
« Last post by DamienG on August 15, 2018, 11:00:36 AM »
 :beer :beer :beer
« Last post by R.Groff on August 14, 2018, 10:13:47 PM »
As I grow younger I find I dislike the cold and hope that I don't have to go out in the ice and snow but that's a dream and then it happens for now in Canada we have our summer so Damien hold out you to will soon have summer weather.
I HATE THE COLD.
Rick
« Last post by DamienG on August 14, 2018, 11:08:16 AM »
You should be fine Ian September is the start of Spring, Ballarat cops the cold as were 450 metres above sea level, Echuca sits at 96mt above sea level the times in the past I've competed in motor sport at the Hume weir motor racing circuit was always mild weather, I doubt it has changed.
 :beer
Chat & Off Topic Stuff / Re: tug--kenny R.I.P.
« Last post by neil howard-pritchard on August 14, 2018, 06:29:24 AM »
yes, KENNY was a good friend to me, and although I never met him personally, he was with Bob Blease, instrumental in getting me back on to mayhem numerous times....he was fair, kind, understanding and a good modeller...and above all that a "good egg"

long may you sail calm peaceful waters Kenny, where ever you choose to sail.

RIP old mate.

neil.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10