Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Chat & Off Topic Stuff / Re: MV Oliver Cromwell
« Last post by TailUK on Today at 03:31:34 AM »

Not sure it should be classed as a 'paddler' but probably a tempting buy !!!

Completely agree, you can clearly see the prop as she's sinking.
Research / Re: any one identify this paddle steamer ?
« Last post by derekwarner_decoy on May 26, 2018, 07:43:48 PM »
turbo.....there were very OZ few paddlers with a tall black chimney just aft of the bridge

The image you show by the river bank is not in Ships of the Inland Rivers by Parsons........however I am sure you will be able to recognise the black chimney & bridge surrounds from the book

My copy is at home in Wollongong.....I am in Adelaide.........

Good luck ....... Derek
Chat & Off Topic Stuff / MV Oliver Cromwell
« Last post by Spankbucket on May 26, 2018, 07:36:00 PM »
Introduce Yourself / French new member
« Last post by gdetout on May 26, 2018, 07:31:52 PM »
Hello
My name is gdetout
I am a new member and I am from France. My English is very poor. But I come to see and participate in this forum which seems to me very rich in diversity.
Good day to all

Bonjour
My name is gdetout
je suis un nouveau membre et je suis de france. Mon anglais est trs médiocre. Mais je viens voir et participer a ce forum qui me parait très riche en diversité.
Bien le bonjour à tous
Research / any one identify this paddle steamer ?
« Last post by turbo1600 on May 26, 2018, 10:52:50 AM »
anyone able to identify the paddle steamer  in the background , left hand side ? date  unknown , pic taken in the renmark area ( south australia.)
Paddlewheels (Large) / Re: Rhine paddler "Goethe"
« Last post by DamienG on May 25, 2018, 01:44:52 PM »
 :clap :bravo :clap :bravo A lovely paddler.
Paddlewheels (Large) / Rhine paddler "Goethe"
« Last post by Hankwilliams on May 25, 2018, 04:49:55 AM »
"Goethe"

today I drove back from my mothers home at the Rhine river. Between the Loreley and Kaub I met MS "Goethe". The boat was constructed 1913 at Sachsenberg shipyard, Cologne. In WW2 she was bombed and sunk. Until 1953 the boat was nearly completely new build, except boilers, engine and paddlewheels, a few years later she was converted to oil firing. In 1988 the boilers became defect, but it took some time to raise money for new boilers. In 1996 she was rebuild to the present appearance with new oil fired boilers. But for the company the cost of fire oil became too hight, therefore in 2008/2009 she was converted to diesel - electric propulsion. Yet it seems, that a small boiler remains for the original steam whistle...
Chat & Off Topic Stuff / Re: tug--kenny R.I.P.
« Last post by Hankwilliams on May 25, 2018, 04:26:01 AM »
I light a candle for Ken

Thomas
Construction / Re: Totnes Castle
« Last post by R.G.Y. on May 24, 2018, 06:55:00 PM »
the metal part of the boiler roof finished & painted (after photo). Skylight & hatch will be made open to get air to burner.
Boiler complete just the pipe work to do when the engine installed. No clack feed as will remove safety valve to fill, & turn the boat over to empty, although there is a valve on the sight glass. Sorry about the shadow across the makers plate, which is level although doesn't look like it in photo.
Construction / Re: Josie Olsen
« Last post by DamienG on May 24, 2018, 05:49:43 PM »
Decided the next 4 would be more accurate if turned on the lathe mounted them on 4mm bolts with dual nuts to stop them undoing mid turning.
The centre hole was drilled 3.5mm and enlarged with a burr in dremel for an exact fit on the brass tube.

Turned to 9.8mm finished to 9.69mm with a 180 grit sanding board.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10