Padleducks logo Paddleducks name

Welcome to Paddleducks..... The home of paddle steamer modelling enthusiasts from around the world.

+-

Main Menu

Home
About Us
Forum
Photo Gallery
Links
Contact Us

UserBox

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Search

Advanced Search

Author Topic: PS Waverley good news!  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Walter Snowdon

PS Waverley good news!
« on: January 20, 2020, 04:21:29 AM »
A few months ago it looked as though Waverley wouldnt sail in 2020 due to major boiler defects leeding to her needing two new "kettles" - a very expensive job. An appeal was launched to raise 2.2 milion pounds to pay for the work which was doing well but only progressing slowly until the scottish government stepped in with a whopping ONE MILLION POUNDS donation a massive sum.  more is  still needed but the fund raising is well on the way to reaching its target. The relevent Scottish departmental minister said that waverley was too important to Scotlands history and could never be allowed to fail. So, the boilers are being built and a major refit is under way and WAVERLEY WILL SAIL AGAIN THIS SPRING.
 Also on a bright note. PS MEDWAY QUEEN could well be moved around the coast to be the star of a dunkirk little ships gathering to celebrate 80 years since Dunkirk.
ALSO PS maid of the Loch has had her engine in steam to test them after laying idle for many years. The rebuild is looking very good. All in all this ius a very bright start to a good new year.
 For further updates on the above paddlers visdit their relevent web sites.
                                      ps. the little paddler Kings wear castle had a very good year last year- lets hope its the same this year. Regards, Walter.
Blessed are the "cracked" -for they let in the light for the rest of us.

Offline Eddy Matthews

• Administrator
Re: PS Waverley good news!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 08:02:27 AM »
Great news Walter - I've told Bev many times about our trips on the Waverley, and I'd love to take her for a trip on board. It now looks like that maye be possible in the not too distant future!  ;D

Regards
Eddy
~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Offline derekwarner_decoy

• Wollongong - Australia
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 12:36:01 PM »
Yes Walter....even from afar, great news for each of the Paddlers you mentioned here.......

I would need a Lotto win to fly to UK.......[but I still have my same few numbers each week]...and that is also dependent if your Immigration Department will grant a VISA for First Fleet Convict related stock  :shhh

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Offline Walter Snowdon

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 12:20:00 AM »
Eddy- you and bev go for it. I am looking forwrd to the timetable - hoping for another trip through the Kyles or the Isle of Man! Regards, walter.
Blessed are the "cracked" -for they let in the light for the rest of us.

Offline DamienG

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 03:25:02 PM »
 :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap