Forum > Introduce Yourself

Hello

(1/1)

Ed Weston:
My Name is Ed Weston and I'm interested in river tow boats and stern wheelers. I grew up in Cincinnati and rode the old Island Queen to coney Island as a kid I also was able to go aboard the Delta Queen at  the Front street landing. my other Hobby is Ham Radio Call sign AI4KE I'm an Extra class Lic. I want to scratch build a river tow boat.

towboatjoe:
Hello Ed,
You're just a 3 hour drive from me. I live about 5 miles from Ashland, KY. I build towboats and sternwheelers too. I've been on countless towboats and sternwheelers. I took a two week trip on the G L FURR basck in April and I'm building a model of it for the company. Every now and then I go to Nashville and do a guest spot singing on the General Jackson.

Glad to have to have you aboard. Visit my site for any info you need on towboats.
Towboat Joe
http://www.dragg.net/jbrown

AlistairD:

--- Quote ---  
My Name is Ed Weston and I'm interested in river tow    boats and stern wheelers. I grew up in Cincinnati and rode the old Island    Queen to coney Island as a kid I also was able to go aboard the Delta Queen at    the Front street landing. my other Hobby is Ham Radio Call sign AI4KE I'm an    Extra class Lic. I want to scratch build a river tow boat.

Welcome to    paddleducks, Ed#  
One of our members is looking for a small    paddle launch to make a model of, and it has    
just occurred to me when you said you    came from Cincinatti.  
You have a small side-wheel paddle ferry    near Cincinatti a few miles downstream. It    
serves as a reserve ferry at the Anderson    Ferry and is called BOONE 7. It is a diesel ferry,    
and not steam, but I imagine a steam    model could be made of it.  
Do you have any photos of it that could    give our member inspiration  

Alistair
--- End quote ---

Ed Weston:
Well I guess I should add, That I did grow up in Cincinnati but now live in Tampa, Florida. And do remember Boone #7 as well as making several trips across the ohio on the Anderson Ferry As I remember it cost a Dime for walk on passengers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version